DRRA Volunteer Kick-Off Party Details - June 14
VERY IMPORTANT: All Volunteers attending the Kickoff Party are asked to RVSP to the DRRA at (586) 774-0980 or contact us before June 8th. Please realize the importance to have an accurate head count for the Roostertail as they are being so gracious in hosting our party.
- 5:30 pm - Guests arrival to Marine Room
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Food Stations
- Cascading Cheese and Vegetable Display to include a variety of Domestic & imported Cheese, Crackers, Wafers and Baguettes. Fresh cut Crudites and Dip.
- Pasta Station to include a variety Spinach Noodles, Tri Colored Rotini and Bowtie pasta cooked al dente by a member of the Culinary staff, accompanied by Meatball Marinara and Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce with freshly shaven Parmesan Cheese and Warm Garlic Breadsticks. Featuring Caesar Salad with Caesar Dressing.
- Rotisserie Chicken Station - Carved in the room by a member of the Culinary staff, garlic smashed mashed potatoes and Cherries Jubilee Compote.
- Hot Hor D'oeuvres Station - Fantail shrimp with spicy cocktail sauce, Vegetarian Egg Rolls with plum dipping sauce, Mini Reuben's on Cocktail Rye (1/2 turkey & 1/2 Corn beef, Mini Cocktail Franks in a puff pastry with ketchup and mustard
- Bar Menu - Assorted Soft Drinks and Juices, Keg Beer and Box Wine.
- 9:00 pm - Bar Closes
- 9:30 pm - Guests Departure
The location is immediately next to the Dodge Pits:
100 Marquette Dr
Detroit, MI 48214
Benefit For John Sedrowski's Family
This Sunday, June 3rd at Bruce Post VFW in St. Clair Shores. The benefit includes a Euchre tournament and country music bands.
For all the info see the flyer: http://gold-cup.com/john-sedrowski-family-benefit
To All The "Motor-Heads" Out There
In case you were unable to attend Dixon Smith's "Racing Development of the Merlin from the 1950's thru the 1990's" lecture held at the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum, you can watch a video recording of the event by visiting the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum's Ustream channel at: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22762287
It was scheduled to be 2 hours but is 3 one-hour videos. Good stuff!